Radon in real estate


Information for the Home Buyer and Seller

Currently, there are no statewide regulations in Nevada that require radon testing or disclosure in a real estate transaction. However, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) requires purchasers of HUD-owned property to sign a Radon Gas and Mold Notice and Release Agreement and Federal Housing Administration (FHA) home buyers must sign Form HUD-92564-CN, “For Your Protection: Get a Home Inspection” which recommends all houses be tested for radon, especially during a home inspection. Also, many relocation companies now require radon testing as part of their requirements and/or disclosure of previous radon testing.

  • Please view the EPA video, Breathing Easy – What Home Buyers and Sellers Should Know About Radon. This EPA Flash video is important for the real estate professional, home buyer and home seller to understand the radon health risk and how to approach it when buying or selling a home.
A video detailing Radon Testing and Real Estate
For More Information:

For additional assistance contact Nevada Division of Public and Behavioral Health, Radiological Health Section at 775-687-7550.

See also:

Adapted with permission of University of Nevada Cooperative Extension from the Nevada Radon Education Program website.

Our Customers Come First

Available Online, Anytime!  You’ve got questions and we’ve got answers.

Bright Ideas

Providing class leading Radon remediation practices to ensure the safety of you and your family.

Problem Solvers

Keeping your family safe from cancer causing gasses.

Customer Support

We’re here to help regardless of the situation, contact us anytime to schedule or review your Radon test.